Saturday, April 18, 2009

YAY for Mail!

That's right. Andy sent me a package three weeks ago and it finally arrived! An awesome note accompanied the new Trees on Fire demo, which is bangin. Everyone should check out their music at www.treesonfire.com.

This past week has been full of working. Actually, most of it has been spent in a classroom somewhere in this city. I finished my two week substitution with my preschoolers and kindergarteners, which was a bit sad. On the last day I took a couple photos and a quick video, since they were being super crazy right before their moms came to pick them up.











Aside from teaching English, I've been teaching movement/athletic skills to younger kids. I will now work there on Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings, as my Saturday morning English class just ended.

Also, my private lessons with these two brothers and a sister just began last Wednesday. It's going well and the focus is on pronunciation and general conversation. I bring questions for us to discuss and we talk, I sometimes introduce new vocabulary, and often correct their pronunciation. It's a pretty sweet gig, actually.

I continue to frequent my favorite breakfast, coffee, lunch, and dinner places. I also go to the gym every day, which is making a big difference in how I feel both physically and mentally. After teaching this morning, however, I attempted to tackle my student loan exit counseling and consolidation. These people even need references so that they can find me if I try to escape their evil clutches. That process is at a standstill for the time being. Maybe time to go back to school and put these off for a bit longer... :)

In other news, the bedbugs seem to have been eradicated. After hiring an exterminator to spray hazardous chemicals all over our room and then abandoning the apartment for a few days, they seem to have all died. Hopefully they haven't gone on vacation and are without any plans for returning. So far, so good.

Last night DiDi and I met some of my fellow teachers at a saloon. Yes, a bar adorned with Texas flags and a country band in Sai Gon. Crazy times.

That's all the news from this week. Here are some of my favorite photos:























Missing you all...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

ahhh that miniature baby is having so many more fun adventures than my miniature baby!

i guess i need to take mine out more... haha