Sunday, May 31, 2009

Being an Adult

Yes, I know that I haven't been as diligent in posting blog entries. I apologize. My day to day activities just aren't as glamorous as the last time I lived in Viet Nam. But yes I am alive and still having an awesome time in Viet Nam. :)

And somewhere in the past week or so I've had a horrible realization: I am doing adult things. I dress up, go to work, get drinks with friends at bars, run a couple kilometers at the gym daily, drink coffee, book flights, etc. I had to buy nice shoes for work. My student loan payments begin in early July (and will last until the year 2024. For real.) I have also been working with my dad (who kindly did all of the footwork) to find a car back in the states. We finally found one in my price range with less than 100,000 miles. Also, it's purple, which is awesome. I have to think of a good name for it. Maybe something Vietnamese...

Here's a photo of what my car looks like. It's not my exact car but it's the same color, model, and year.



Andy and I will be hardcore roadtripping in this car. At the end of August we'll be going from Florida to CT. I'm stoked. :)

Besides worrying about my new status as an adult, I've been continuing to eat lunch at my favorite place, drink coffee and watch games of Chinese Chess, and work at Sai Gon Movement. I teach a lot on the weekends too. My daily teaching job at the Vietnam Australia International School doesn't begin again until June 15th as the kids are on a three week summer vacation. Then many of them come back for summer school. During the day I've been taking the bus around the city, doing errands, and attending rehearsals for the upcoming Haydn concert I'll be singing in.

Other than that, nothing's new. Only two more months until I'm back stateside. Then I'll miss it here. Can't win.

Here are some of my favorites from the past couple weeks.





















Miss you all...

3 comments:

Katrina Frances said...

Adult things?
Well, that's just not allowed

=) hah

Kristen said...

woah somehow my post just got deleted.... or maybe it just popped up somewhere else i dont know. that was so weird. WELL ANYWAYS i'm happy youre alive minus the adult stuff. im gonna try to put all of that off for as long as possible haha

oh and i'm sure youll think this is entertaining: i'm taking the archery instructor course on saturday so ill basically want to kill myself all summer slash im so bad at archery its not even funny haha

MISS YOU

Anonymous said...

where are you guys thinking about road tripping? I always say that Oregon/Washington/Utah is always a great place to stay for a bit... Just saying. It would be fun! Anyways don't do too many Adult like things... :)