Monday, December 17, 2007

Finally Home!

On December 7th I bounced out of bed when my alarm sounded at 3:15. After packing a few things back into my bag, I went out and gave in my key and climbed into the shuttle. At 3:45 I was dropped off in front of the US/United terminal but some guy was yelling at people because it didn't open until 4:00 am. A bunch of sleepy travelers stood in the space just inside the automatic doors. People didn't come to work until 4:30, however, so I got a good spot in line, sat on my bag, and played Tetris until it was time to check in. Of course they charged me $50 for my orange bag because the international allowance is 70 pounds and domestic flights only allow 50 pound bags. After getting through security I grabbed a tasty chocolate scone and some orange juice and ate them while playing computer games at my gate. I boarded the first plane to Charlotte, NC at 6:15 am and nobody sat next to me which was really nice. I wrote my family a letter that would help them to recognize some odd Vietnamese behaviors (to them) and help ease my culture shock. I deboarded at 8:30 to find that I knew exactly where I was in the airport (scary) and then found my gate (even thought it had already changed once) and sat there until I boarded a plane to Jacksonville at 9:30. I slept through that entire ride, collected my bags, and met my dad outside the airport ay 11:30, which put me at a Panera lunch with both parents at 12:30.

No comments: