Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Apartment 2

The previous photos weren't artsy-fartsy enough, so here are some more :)


our kitchen, which wouldn't pass any health standards I know of. In fact, I'm thinking of naming the biggest cockroaches.


the other side of the kitchen. good thing none of us really cook. my favorite is actually the window which is straight up against a peeling brick wall. the view is awesome and nothing ever changes.


that's right, there's an awesome blue spiral staircase leading up to our apartment. and at the bottom, there's a middle-aged man reading the paper in his boxers. you're jealous.


alley # 79. home sweet home. it's usually busier and pretty loud. just imagine dogs barking, small children crying, motorbikes driving through and honking, and vietnamese people peddling fruit and snacks by loudly announcing their food in a nasal tone (think baseball game hotdog sellers gone horribly wrong).


this guy lives across the alleyway. my roommate j.p. calls him golem, which is apparently a "lord of the rings" reference. all day he crouches outside and speaks to himself very loudly in vietnamese. often he yells at people passing by. it has yet to be confirmed, but we're pretty sure he's not saying nice things. he doesn't smile back either. maybe in a couple months he'll warm up... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Caitlin!
cockroaches in the kitchen? eww I'm not so sure I would enjoy that haha. the man in his boxers is a funny pic! I love reading your blogs and checking out your pics, I'll be sure to stay posted :)