Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to the Grind



This morning I returned to my dorm at 4:30 am after my night on the train. Instead of going back to sleep like the rest of the group, I unpacked, uploaded about 600 photos, and began checking my email. By the grace of God, there has been some steady internet access in my room lately. Early morning (my time) is apparently a really good time to talk with people online because I got to talk to Andy, James, Mom, Katrina, Becca, and Amanda this morning. I took a long shower and began blogging and choosing my classes for next semester, as I have to register for classes next week. I also applied to take this really different class called "Making Connections" that I need for my minor in Peace Studies. At 11:15 I ran down to my favorite rice buffet and had the usual plate of rice with potatoes, peanuts, some sort of meat, and a soda.

By 11:45 I was back in my dorm room and found that I had received a package from the very best Katrina Lewonczyk. It made me so happy and I made my roomie Jill take a picture of me in my intense happiness. Then I met with Jackie and Leah in their room. We made a list of what still needs to be done for this huge Halloween party we're throwing in two days and quickly came to the conclusion that it all needs to be set up on Wednesday. Seeing as there was nothing more for us to do today, we disbanded and I went back to my room. I continued blogging and got through two of the days and lots of pictures before Jill and I decided to take our party elsewhere for the remainder of the afternoon.

At 2:30 pm we caught the 31 bus and went downtown to the huge mall next to Huan Kiem Lake. We sat at the Highlands Coffee on the third floor and ordered coffees before we realized that their wireless internet was down. It was ok because we both had Word documents to finish and it was nice because I was able to focus and finish my application for the "Making Connections" class. We then went to look for a small black shirt that I can wear with my new skirts and struck out at a couple of stores in the mall.

We walked to the other side of the lake and went up to the sixth floor restaurant for dinner. I had a Coke and a tasty chicken sandwich and we talked a lot. Then we walked down the street and found another store but their shirts were too small. We took the 8 bus to Vincom Towers and I found a cheap, small black shirt in a store there. I then took the 31 bus back to the dorm and got back at about 8:00 pm. I immediately went to Jackie and Leah's room and found DiDi there as well. We talked for a while before I realized that I needed the steady internet connection in my room to post two more blogs and pictures on facebook and send some emails. I have been doing that ever since and I'm now on my way to Bia Hoi Junction with DiDi for a bit before going to sleep. If you want to see most of my pictures from this weekend, you can see my facebook albums at http://hws.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020217&l=ff4da&id=32001827 and
http://hws.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020219&l=a3ceb&id=32001827

Enjoy and comment on your enjoyment! :)

1 comment:

Katrina Frances said...

woohooooooooo i'm so glad the package made it to you!!!
i didnt realize how my question about what you wanted from the us would be timed so well!
love and miss you!