Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Typical Tuesday




After typing my many blogs last night, I went to Jackie and Leah's room and played a super-long game of Text Twist in which I got over 150,000 points. I went up and showered at 10:30 and couldn't find DiDi so I went to my room and read and went to bed at 11:30 pm.

I woke up this morning at 8:00 and wrote my journal entry for Sunday's trip to the Perfume Pagoda. I'm really trying to stay up to date with that journal for class so I won't miss any entries. I then got dressed and went out to get my egg sandwich. I ate it on the way to class and Jill and I went to the canteen there and I got an iced coffee. Class went well and we're moving right along to the seventh chapter in our workbooks.

After two hours of class, I walked back to the dorm with Jackie and then we met Leah and Meggie for lunch at the huge rice buffet around the corner. I had peanuts (my favorite), potatoes, and something else I can't remember on my rice. We went back to the dorm at 11:30 and I took a nap with DiDi until 12:45. At that time, I went up to my room and packed up my laptop in order to go to photography class. Jill is not feeling well and I'm convinced she has some pretty bad food poisoning. She'll take her Cipro tomorrow and all will be well, we pray.

Photo class began with an hour movie about the true hassles of being a National Geographic photographer. After a short break, our professor put all our pictures for today's assignment on landscapes onto his computer. If you want to see my latest photo project, it's all here: http://hws.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2019585&l=925a5&id=32001827 . After a ten minute slide show shown on the wall with a projector, we all moved together to see them all in their true colors on his laptop. We shouted out which ones we loved and then took credit for it by saying our own name if the picture was ours and people liked it. People in the class said they loved six out of eight of my pictures, which made me happy. We were then given details for our next assignment, which is people, and then we were dismissed.

I went back to the room and told Jill I'd be gone for a while. I then walked down the street and caught the 8 bus for many blocks before being let off at the post office and walking a few more blocks. Right past the head of Huan Kiem Lake, I spotted the internet cafe at which I was to meet DiDi. I have been sitting here on the second floor of this internet cafe since 4:30 pm. I have been taking pictures of the street below, as you may see from today's pictures.

We're off to find some dinner and then we'll maybe head towards our favorite bar, Dragonfly. Time to leave some love! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Caitie,
Cool landscapes. I love hearing your voice through your writings. Thank God we have this connection.
Love you,
MOMMY XOXO...