Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Home Yet?

Today was crap. I woke up to Jill electricuting heself while trying to plug in her hair dryer and apparently said "tinglies and jinglies." I then woke up for good and tried to get the internet to work in the downstairs hallway. Of course it didn't so I went and got my stuff and headed to the internet cafe. I ordered an iced coffee with milk and sat down to talk to Bridget, get the new David Crowder Band cd sent to me, and then write my final internship reflection paper. I finished at about 12:00, when Monica and Brittany came to the cafe to get me for lunch. We finished lunch and came back to the dorm by 12:15 and I listened to the new cd and chilled out. Photography class was really short and we handed in our two papers and 52 final photos in our last portfolio.

Then my professor told us that our trip to Hue and Hoi An in the center region of the country has been changed because the area is so flooded. It sucks because we can't see that part of the country now. We'll be visiting some beach and then going to Sai Gon a few days early. I just want to go home really. We won't really be seeing anything new and I'm so homesick.

Class ended really early and I was back in my room by 2:00 pm. I went and talked to DiDi, made plans with Sarah and Brittany, and caught the 31 bus with them and Jill and Bryan at about 4:30. We walked to this other sushi place called Tokyo Sushi, but they weren't opening until 5:30. We then wlaked to the southern tip of the Old Quarter and on the way there I discovered that my camera would turn on but not take any pictures. I went with our group to this clothing store and finally got up the courage to call my professor. He was walking around the lake and he and his wife Donna met me at this coffee shop on the west side of the lake. He looked at my camera, checked a few things, and decided that I needed to go back to my room and read the manual to find out the real problem. I spoke with them for a bit and then we went our separate ways at 6:00. I booked it around the lake and back to the sushi place. My friends were already there and we quickly ordered. I got some egg sushi rolls and fried rice with shrimp. It was good and we finished eating when Brittany and Jill went home. This left Bryan, Sarah, and I to deal with figuring out the huge bill. Sarah ended up paying a great deal more because of some mishap and they had all of the food in American dollars (who has those?) and it was basically a mess. We caught xe oms back to the dorm and I was back by 8:30. I went to my room to find that my camera's booklet is no help at all and took a shower in an effort to calm down. I've been sitting here in the hallway talking to Andy and typing this blog ever since. I just want to change my plane ticket to Saturday and skip the rest of the traveling.

3 comments:

Arellano, or Dunlop said...

Was not able to get on your photo album. Do I have to friend you? Or are you another network?

Katrina Frances said...

i love you. that is all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Caitie,
Sorry you had a bad day. I am trying to get to bed as I fly to CT early tomorrow am but had to write you after reading your blog today. I will try and compile some funny stories about my long awaited trip to "up North." I am sleeping at the Celellas Sat and Sun eves and heading to good ole St. Peter's on Sunday morning.
Love you and can't wait to see you.
MOMMY XOXO...