Saturday, September 1, 2007

Flights

I'm in Hong Kong's airport for an hour layover and I never want to be on a plane again. I feel like crap, since we've been in the air for so many hours. I spent rougly 5 hours going from JFK (NY) to San Francisco and then we sat there for an hour. Our flight from SF to Hong Kong was 13 freakin' hours. I assumed the fetal position and slept for the entire first flight and for about 8 hours of the second flight. We time travelled, etc. as we crossed the International Date Line and now it's 7:15 PM on Saturday, September 1st. Haven't been able to choke down any food yet, but maybe when we get to Vietnam I'll have somthing. Can't wait to shower and crawl into bed before venturing out into a country about which I know very little. I start Vietnamese language classes on Monday, though. Keep on prayin...

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Dear Caitlin,
We are praying for you and thinking about you. You sound like Grandpa Ralph who never likes to fly. We love you, Mrs. C

unclegregg said...

just registered W/ GOOGLE... HOPE YOU GOT MY LONG WINDED MESSAGE

unclegregg said...

Good readin , keep it comin. watch the selections for street food..immune system not as tolerant as locals. Montazummas revenge is not the way to learn.
Enjoy your explorations.
Looks exciting.I was always amazed at the existence of these neighbors and how they embrace western culture ...with movies/ music . Your log thoughts are interesting to read.
LOVE uncle Gregg